Thanks for your interest in working with us! We are currently hiring for one open position:
1. Grant Consultant Contractor Posting – DoGood Fundraising (download PDF)
Grant Consultant (Part-time, Contractor)
DoGood Fundraising is a social enterprise providing impactful non-profits, charities, and artists with customized, professional fundraising solutions from grant writing to consulting at accessible rates.
The consultant will contribute to the concepts for and writing and editing grant applications, as well as work on consulting projects for DoGood Fundraising clients.
The consultant will have the primary responsibility of authoring grant proposals, maintaining client relationships, and participating in consulting efforts as a facilitator, trainer, and subject matter expert.
This is a remote position with online video meeting requirements. While DoGood Fundraising’s office is located in Mississauga, Ontario, in-person meetings will only be required on a monthly basis. This consulting role offers the flexibility of working remotely with flexible hours.
- Write, review and edit grant proposals, ensuring they meet funder requirements, under the direction of company leadership.
- Proofread, edit and submit completed grant proposals to clients and funders (through email, Google Docs and online portals).
- Track the status of grant proposals, ensuring that they are completed and submitted to funders on-time.
- Meet with clients remotely via telephone or video conferencing software to receive feedback and revise grant proposals.
- Prepare grant documentation and document action items from meetings.
- Prepare standard correspondence, reports, emails, presentations and other related materials as required.
- Attend client events when possible, and support networking engagements with clients and other sector groups.
- Attend occasional team meetings and social engagements in the GTA
- Passionate about supporting organizations in making a positive impact.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in consulting, grant writing or corporate fundraising roles.
- Ability to present, facilitate, and engage with groups of senior leaders including Board members.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and research skills.
- Strong communication skills, and an excellent command of the English language.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs for editing, and familiarity with Zoom or Google Hangouts to conduct meetings.
The successful candidate will be evaluated on their:
- Ability to complete and submit client proposals within timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to complete reviews and edits/revisions of grant proposals on-time.
- Obtain feedback from clients following the grant proposal revision process.
- Ability to generate successful outcomes from funding agencies.
- Reliability and professionalism when communicating with staff and clients.
- Professional Development — all team members are invited to attend relevant workshops and training.
- Networking and Community — tickets to paid client events, galas and social gatherings
- Flexible Schedule — we are able to work around your existing commitments and accommodate appointments and staggered start/end times.
Consultants at DoGood Fundraising will have the ability to be compensated on a per-project basis or on a recurring flat-rate. Rates range from $25—$50/ hour depending on the experience level and complexity of the engagement.
The application deadline is OPEN. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The successful consultant will begin receiving opportunities once hired.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all abilities and backgrounds. We are compliant with AODA legislation and will comply with accessibility needs of our candidates. Please indicate if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.