Applications close March 15, 2019. Click here for the complete job posting.
Grant Writing Assistant (Contract)
DoGood Fundraising Solutions is a fundraising company which provides impactful nonprofits, charities, and social enterprises with customized, and professional fund development solutions at affordable rates.
We are seeking a grant writer to support all aspects of grant proposal development for our clients. The new member of our team will support our fundraising efforts by contributing to writing and editing grant applications and creating prospect research reports.
This is a work-from-home position, with ad-hoc in-person team meetings in or close to Brampton, Ontario. This position is suitable for someone seeking part-time employment with flexible timelines.
Reporting to the President, the Grant Writing Assistant will have the primary responsibility of reviewing, editing and submitting grant proposals.
- Review and edit grant proposals in Microsoft Word and Google Docs ensuring they meet funder requirements, under the direction of the President.
- Track the status of grant proposals, ensuring that client proposals are completed and submitted to funders on-time.
- Meet with clients via telephone or video conferencing software (Zoom, Google Hangouts) to receive feedback and revise grant proposals.
- Proofread, edit, and submit completed grant proposals to clients and funders through email, Google Docs and online portals.
- Attend ad-hoc in-person team meetings within flexible locations, 30 minutes radius from Brampton, Ontario.
- Minimum six months to one (1) year of experience in paid (or volunteer) grant writing or fundraising research roles.
- Exceptional writing, editing and research skills.
- University degree or College diploma is considered an asset.
- Strong communication skills, and an excellent command of the English language.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; and Google Docs for editing.
- Experience with Zoom, or Google hangouts to conduct meetings is considered an asset.
- Able to work remotely with personal access to phone and a reliable internet connection.
The successful candidate will be evaluated on their:
- Ability to complete and submit client proposals within timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to complete reviews and edits/revisions of grant proposals revisions on-time.
- Feedback from clients following grant proposal revision process.
- Ability to generate successful outcomes from funding agencies.
- Reliability and professionalism when communicating with staff and clients.
This is a temporary part-time position starting on April 1, 2019 for the duration of three (3) months. There may be an opportunity for an extension to a part-time contract based on your success.
The application deadline is March 15, 2019. All candidates who are invited for an in-person interview in Brampton, and will be required to complete a case study, and will have 45 minutes to complete the task on-site.
Please submit a customized resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all abilities and backgrounds. We are compliant with AODA legislation and will comply with accessibility needs of our candidates. Please indicate if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.