Closes April 30, 2021 >> Please apply through this Indeed link
Marketing Assistant (Part-Time, Contract)
DoGood Fundraising is a Brampton-based business which specializes in grant writing.
We aim to provide impactful nonprofits, charities and artists, with customized and professional fund development solutions that are cost-effective in Ontario. We are committed to supporting all the communities where we operate, particularly assisting small and impactful local charities. Our friendly, highly qualified and personalized approach provides our clients with grant revenue and fundraising results.
We are searching for a Marketing Assistant to support and maintain all aspects of our marketing with a focus on digital marketing. This is a work-from-home position with frequent video conference meeting requirements.
This position is a part-time, contract position up to 15 hours per week.
What’s in it for you?
As a Marketing Assistant, you will have the primary responsibility of fostering excitement about new grants, building a loyal client base and driving future business needs.
What a regular day will look like:
- Manage the brand and visual identity.
- Plan and manage marketing campaigns in all media (e.g., online, interactive, print, radio), as required, for all advertising initiatives.
- Manage the marketing elements for various channels: in-person and digitally.
- Coordinate design and production of advertising, print collateral, signage, website, and digital applications and other media.
- Develop and implement strategies that align with the latest trends in technology, social media, and consumer behaviour.
- Preparing our MailChimp Newsletter twice per month.
Additional activities may include:
- Assist in the recommendation, preparation, editing, and proofreading of various social media communications entries.
- As needed, liaise and consult with the team to identify and clarify social media content, priorities, needs, goals, and issues and ensure that messaging plans are clearly understood and translated into suitable social media content. Research social media sites and products as required.
- Stay up to date on social media trends and technologies by regularly reviewing various available resources.
- Participate in and assist with marketing-related meetings and project teams.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage daily assigned work.
Who you are:
- The student needs to be enrolled in a Post-Secondary Publicly Funded Institution in Canada at the time of placement.
- Must be currently enrolled in a post-secondary school with classes starting in September 2021.
- Currently pursuing a degree or diploma of Marketing, Communications, Digital Graphic Media an asset.
- Experience in digital marketing is an asset.
- Exceptional writing and/or editing skills.
- Strong communication skills, and an excellent command of the English language.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Products, Canva and WordPress is an asset.
What’s in it for you:
- Social gatherings – we occasionally get together as a team at client events, galas, or social gatherings (Pre COVID).
- Professional development – all team members are invited to attend any workshops or training that we offer on fundraising, grant writing, sponsorship, or other areas of professional development.
- Work-life balance – we are happy to work around your schedule and can accommodate appointments or a flexible work start or end time between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
This is a Part-Time, Contract position starting approximately Wednesday, May 5, 2021 until Friday, September 10, 2021.
DoGood Fundraising provides equal employment opportunities (EEO), and we welcome candidates from all abilities and backgrounds. We are compliant with AODA legislation and will comply with the accessibility needs of our candidates. Please indicate if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.