Marketing Coordinator (Summer Contract)
DoGood Fundraising Solutions is a fundraising company which provides impactful non-profits, charities, and social enterprises with customized, and professional fund development solutions.
We are seeking a Marketing Coordinator as part of Canada Summer Jobs. The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
All work will take place in Brampton, Ontario, at the Brampton Entrepreneur Centre (located at 41 George Street South, Brampton), or remotely until the Centre opens. This is a part-time, contract position for up to 30 hours per week.
Reporting to the President, the Coordinator will have responsibilities as follows:
The successful candidate will be paid $16.00 per hour, on a biweekly basis. This is non-negotiable.
- Manage the brand and visual identity.
- Plan and manage marketing campaigns in all media (e.g. online, interactive, print, radio), as required, for all advertising initiatives.
- Manage the marketing elements for various channels: in-person, online, and telephone.
- Coordinate design and production of advertising, print collateral, signage, website, and digital applications and other media.
- Develop and implement strategies that align with the latest trends in technology, social media, and consumer behaviour.
In addition, you may have the opportunity to work on some or all of the following activities:
- Assist in the recommendation, preparation, editing, and proofreading of various social media communications entries.
- Liaise and/or consult with staff, as required, to identify and/or clarify social media content, priorities, needs, goals, and issues, and to ensure that messaging goals are clearly understood and translated into suitable social media content.
- Research social media sites and products as required.
- Stay up-to-date on social media trends and technologies by regularly reviewing various available resources.
- Participate in, and/or assist with, marketing-related meetings and project teams.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage daily assigned work.
- Youth between the ages of 15 and 30 years
- legally entitled to work in Canada.
- International students are not eligible.
The successful candidate will be evaluated on:
- Manage the brand and visual identity – is the employee able to manage the brand and upkeep the visual identity of the company?
- Plan and manage marketing campaigns in all media (e.g. online, interactive, print, radio), as required, for all advertising initiatives – are all campaigns planned and managed effectively, on-time and on-budget?
- Manage the marketing elements for various channels: in-person, online, and telephone – are all channels managed effectively, and is there a change in engagement as a result?
- Coordinate design and production of advertising, print collateral, signage, website, and digital applications and other media – are design elements including collateral, signage, web pages and other media produced according to specifications?
- Develop and implement strategies that align with the latest trends in technology, social media, and consumer behaviour – is the employee able to follow trends in technology and social media?
We offer the following benefits:
- Social gatherings – we occasionally get together as a team at client events, galas, or social gatherings
- Professional development – all team members are invited to attend any workshops in trainings that we offer on fundraising, grant writing, sponsorship, or other areas of professional development
- Work-life balance – we are happy to work around your schedule, and can accommodate appointments, or a flexible work start or end time. You can work from home on evenings as part of this role, although some daytime work is required.
This is a part-time position starting as early as Monday, May 25, and ending no later than Friday, September 11, 2020 (9 weeks). There may be an opportunity for an extension of the contract based on your success.
All candidates who are invited for a phone interview and will be required to complete a practical test demonstrating their use of social media channels.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome candidates from all abilities and backgrounds. We are compliant with AODA legislation and will comply with accessibility needs of our candidates. Please indicate if you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process.