The Radio Starmaker Fund was created in the fall of 2000 on the initiative of the Canadian Association of Broadcasters and approved by the CRTC. It is a private fund that has as its stated purpose to “make a substantial and discernable difference to the careers of Canadian artists” by providing substantial incremental investment where the artist has established a proven track record and his or her label is making a significant investment in their future career.
- Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- attained a sales level on a CD in Canada only that satisfies the minimum “Track Record” requirement for your genre of music but has never sold more than 100,000units (Major Labels) or 150,000 units (Indie Labels)
- begun production on the record for which they are applying prior to submitting their application
- a current record released which is receiving or will receive a “Significant Investment”
- signed to a Canadian major label, a Canadian-owned independent record label or you own your record and you either release it on your own or license it to a Canadian company.
- independent artist
We can help you win! Funding: up to $25,000
- Domestic Marketing capped at $20,000
- Website Design capped at $20,000
- Domestic Touring capped at $2,500 per appearance
Deadline: May 26, 2022
Commitment Date: May 11
Are you interested in receiving grant writing support for this grant application? Please contact us for a detailed grant overview, and to share your project, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org